Book Review: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
(Started: August 12, 2010; Finished: August 13, 2010)
Summary/Description:
Source: Purchased at National Bookstore ($6.99 US / $9.99 CAN)
She's just a New York City girl living with her artist mom…
NEWS FLASH: Dad is prince of Genovia. (So that's why a limo meets her at the airport!)
DOWNER: Dad can't have any more kids. (So there's no heir to the throne.)SHOCK OF THE CENTURY: Like it or not, Mia Thermopolis is prime princess material.
THE WORST PART: Mia must take princess lessons from her dreaded grandmère, the dowager princess of Genovia, who thinks Mia has a thing or two to learn before she steps up to the throne.
Well, her father can lecture her until he's royal–blue in the face about her princessly duty—no way is she moving to Genovia and leaving Manhattan behind.
Review: 5 stars, FavoriteBut what's a girl to do when her name is PRINCESS AMELIA MIGNONETTE GRIMALDI THERMOPOLIS RENALDO? (From Shelfari)
Source: Purchased at National Bookstore ($6.99 US / $9.99 CAN)
I want to be a princess. I am a princess.
I remember I bought this book (I think) when I was in grade 6 or maybe when I was in my first year of high school. I was fascinated by stories about princesses and all that royal stuff. I wished that I was a princess because I feel like it is fun to wear those big dresses all the time and to live in a castle. And this book satisfied my fantasy as an aspiring princess (LOL).
Can I just say that I love Meg Cabot?
Anyway, I really love reading this book because it has a natural feel in it. It is a reality. We, teens (or young adults as I wrote this review when I was still a teen), can relate to this because of the typical rants we have in our lives especially what we have to deal with during high school though being a princess is unusual. I also love how it was formatted as journal entries rather than the typical narration. The diary actually mirrors experiences we have undergone. The book's humor also added a jolt of fun which I really appreciate.
Sound snippets:
Sound snippets:
Itty Bitty Pretty One by Aaron Carter
Tell you a story
Happened long time ago
A-little bitty pretty one
I've been watching you grow
Makeover by John Debney (Instrumental)What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful) by The Backstreet Boys
What makes you different, (alright) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me
For the quotes I got from the book, please visit my Tumblr:
Happy Reading Everyone!









.jpg)




0 comments