Spring Colors
Saturday, February 22, 2014
What I wore: white polo borrowed from my mom • purple pull over, chiffon maxi skirt & boots Forever 21

round double-layered leopard sunglasses Romwe

When I packed my clothes for this trip, I made sure I had all the clothes I need in different palettes to survive this 15-day escape. Aside from the typical blacks and grays, I also included some romantic tones which reminded me of spring. Hence, this combination. This outfit was formulated maybe a year or two but I hadn't got the chance to try it until this trip. I told myself that it would be appropriate since I have to wear layered clothing. ... ... ...
Well, sort of. I did receive looks and a few whispers which I wouldn't understand since my Nihongo is a little rusty. I think it's due to the fact that I was wearing a very thin fabric for my skirt which I don't mind since I don't get cold easily. I love the weather actually. I wanted to savor the freezing feeling which I rarely experienced in my country. It's just for fifteen days so I could bear with it. Definitely an Ice Princess or Ice Queen at that. *play Frozen's Letting Go*

Japanese girls wore shorter skirts and shorts, most of the time without leg warmers or tights which will make me freeze to death compared to my outfit. So I didn't really care. In fact, I was happy to create this look. It was sort of Japanese style inspired, too, because I chose to wear loose or baggy pieces of clothing. They sport those looks so effortlessly. Others might think it's weird but for me, I think it's fun, unique and quirky.

We went around Hamamatsu for our fifth day in Japan. Strolling and visiting different shops and malls. We also met a generous Filipina which I will reserve for my next post. It's a story that I should tell next time.

Happy weekend guys!










.jpg)




2 comments